Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Blogs & Domains

HSC / pk Fact #3: Blogs & Domains

I started this blog midsummer 2009 as a model for Ahn to start an HSC blog: show her how easy it is. With me sharing the mouse with her, on her PC, in her office, we started what was to be her HSCSeniors blog. When hers matured, I'd delete this one.

Meantime, I recommended that she purchase a domain name: HSCSeniors.org was available. I'd be webmaster, she cold guide the content.

We rented storage space from ImHosted.com. Then it turned out that that service hadn't simultaneously bought us the domain name. And they weren't responding to our questions. So we bought HSCSeniors.org from GoDaddy.com. We weren't getting much better service from them.

I explained to Ahn that I needed her to get them to give her the FTP address to publish the material to. I'd already composed the site, had the graphics ready, all the code, all the text. Months passed. Ahn never did seem to understand what was required, no matter how many times I explained it. Finally, Bob came back from another trip to Texas. I told him what I needed.

That was September 2009. I still don't have the FTP address. (2015 02 22 still don't)

Bob got someone else to put my code, my text, my site up.

It seems that Ahn wants me to do these things, but doesn't know how to help. Bob wants to sabotage everything I do.

Ahn and Bob visibly hate each other.

Bob wins.

I left.

pk and money and a lawyer could close them down. But pk has no money and no lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment