Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Member of the Board

HSC / pk Fact #2: Member of the Board

Also early 2009 Ahn asked me to become a member of the Board.

Merely attending the HSC I watched how Ahn solicited volunteer help, then overworked and bullied the help until the help refused to help any more. Many an HSC senior used to volunteer, used to be on the board. I watched Ahn ask Connie to do this, then that. When Connie finally said to Item N, I can't. Ahn said, You have to. And Connie never did another thing for Ahn.

I knew that. I saw that. Yet when Ahn asked me, I said Yes: vowing silently to myself to keep my eyes open. I figured the HSC, "owned" by its execs Ahn and Bob, to be a South American dictatorship. I figured the Board, to be a row of puppets. Still, I went along: I'd see for myself by experience as well as forecast by imagination mixed with skepticism.

I'll fill in details, but let me start with these two:

1) I have never had more than thirty second conversation with any other board member. I have never seen any two board members in even thirty seconds of conversation. No: a row of puppets.

2) Bob was going to Texas, Ahn asked me to make the drinks while he was away. I did. Bob came back. Bob clearly behaved as though it was established that I would make his drinks for him from then on. Ahn had it read into the BOD Minutes that it had been so established. The Board's "facts" are fictions. The Board's facts are false.

But who cares? Besides me?

Oh well: between schools and elections, we're accustomed to falsehoods parading as facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment