Saturday, August 22, 2009

Development Plans

Hi, pk here, Paul Knatz.

I love the Highlands Senior Center. I love to dance. I love Ahn: and a bunch of the rest too. I even love the many enemies I have there!

But: my blog set at blogspot.com should not be the official blog for the HSC. I put it up just to show Ahn and Bob what could be done. I have an appointment with Ahn this Tuesday to transfer the project from my name and my Mac to her name and her PC. She can choose which blog name she can find available. She can have this name, HSCenter, if she wants it. I'll delete this blog, she can apply for the name which should then be free, and post and repost whatever she likes. I expect that she'll give me webmaster and editor privileges to the blog, but again: I'm giving the blog to her. In a sense, as she is the creator of the Social, the blog is already hers: even though I have a long long standing claim to ownership of anything connected to the internet, the whole thing having been plagiarized from Jesus, Ivan Illich, and ME!

I propose that we post Ahn's flier for the HSC as our top page. I propose that she keep the page I offered here, editing it ad infinitum or as future considerations find appropriate. I propose putting up sections on Ahn; on Bob:
on the HSC Board of Directors;
on the Volunteers;
on the kitchen staff;
on the other volunteer specialties: the sign in desk, the Greeter ...
I propose pages on our music suppliers: Cecil Schultz and his SingAlong Band, George Filip and his Sunshine Band ... Lois McClean, widow of the late Billy Warren, bandleader nonpareil, has been playing piano for us during lunch, the normal interval between the two dance bands.

Some BOD members have complex functions: take me for example: I lead the line dancing, now I also direct the ball room dance teaching. Lately I've been responsible for the beverage tables. Now I'm also the webmaster:
We'll have a site with the Chamber of Commerce: sebring.org; and possibly a domain of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment